Charcoal is an amazing substance. It absorbs more poisons than any other substance known to mankind. It can adsorb lead acetate, strychnine, DDT, many drugs, and inorganic substances.
It can adsorb thousands of times its own weight in gases, heavy metals, poisons, and other chemicals; thus it renders them ineffective and harmless.
Benefits of Charcoal
It is used in water purification, air purification, and for removing undesirable odors and impurities in food. Most of Korean bbq restaurants are using Charcoal for their bbq in Singapore. And it considered as normal that usage of charcoal for BBQ in korea.
Ancestor of korean used to use charcoal as their cooking fuel and we still use it for our dishes. The reason why most of korean people is using charcoal for their bbq dish is increasing taste of its dishes. We, Seoul Restaurant, are also using high grade of charcoal for your barbeque and sure that our taste quality of meat will be better than other restaurants that you have tried.
Advantages of a Charcoal Grill
Meat grilled in a charcoal grill has a distinct smoky feel to it that connoisseurs feel can never be found in meat cooked on gas grills. Here are a few more advantages of using a charcoal grill, which make it the favorite of most professional chefs.
- It cooks the meat slowly and over a long period of time, due to which the meat retains its tenderness and remains moist.
- The slow and continuous exposure to heat due to slow cooking, causes the fat in the food to liquefy and get separated from the meat. This way the meat gets rid of excess fat and hence, calories!
- Nutrients like proteins, vitamins and minerals present in the meat remain intact and hence, the end product is much more nutritious.
- With a charcoal grill, the temperature of the fire is much higher as compared to a gas grill (as high as 500°F), due to which the food is exposed to more heat. This ensures that the food is properly cooked even on the inside.
- A big advantage of using charcoal grills is that not only can you control the temperature of the grill, but also shift the coals to change the temperature of different spots on the grill.
- Charcoal grills are the cheapest among all types of grills.
- Charcoal grills are portable and easier to carry as compared to the other types.